Importer of culinary spices & herbs Sun-dried Tomatoes, Vanilla Beans & Spanish Saffron
TABLE OF CONTENT
- ARE NATURE'S CHOICE ® SPICES, HERBS AND BLENDS IRRADIATED?
- ARE ALL NATURE'S CHOICE ® SPICES, HERBS AND BLENDS ORGANIC?
- WHAT ARE THE SIX NUMBERS ON THE BACK OF THE BAG
- HANDLING & STORAGE
- SUN-DRIED TOMATOES
- GLUTEN FREE
1. ARE NATURE'S CHOICE ® SPICES, HERBS AND BLENDS IRRADIATED? NO. All our products are sourced from only companies with the highest standards and quality. We do not sell false uniqueness! Irradiated product must show or inform to the consumer that the products has been irradiated. We do not sell irradiated products. Back to Top
2. ARE ALL NATURE'S CHOICE ® SPICES, HERBS OR BLENDS ORGANIC? We carry two line of products, natural and organic. The natural spices, herbs and blend have white tags and our certified organic line have a yellow/brown tag. Our facility and products are certified organic by The Certified Organic Associations of British Columbia and the Pacific Agricultural Certification Society. Our certification number is PACS # 16-295 Back to Top
3.WHAT ARE THE 6 NUMBERS ON THE BACK OF THE BAG This is our lot #. THIS INDICATES WHEN THE SPICES & HERB WHERE PACKAGED 0701-1507 = YEAR (2007): 01 = MONTH ( JANUARY): -15 = DAY Back to Top 4. HANDLING & STORAGE We recommend the spices, herbs and blends be transferred to a container and stored in a cool dark area. We suggest the sun-dried tomatoes be store in the refrigerator after purchasing Although, in Canada there is no official expiry date for spices, herbs, and blends we follow the United states guideline. For whole products 3 years and for ground 2 years. Of course any and all products will deteriorate with time, exposure to light and heat, we suggest disposal at the first hint of lost of taste. We suggest consumption of sun-dried tomatoes immediately, or with refrigeration 3-6 months from date of purchase. Back to Top 5. SUN DRIED TOMATOES We import the sun-dried tomatoes from California. The tomatoes are sliced in half and placed on a wooden tray. The trays are then put in a sulfur dioxide environment for 10 to 12 hours. The sulfur dioxide is used as a preservative and also helps to maintain color. Next, the tomatoes are laid out in the sun for 5 to 7 days and they're ready to eat. Currently we do not offer organic sun-dried tomatoes Back to Top 6. GLUTEN FREE Spices are inherently gluten free. However, many of our sources, including farms do not test for gluten, and we do not test for gluten either, hence we will not make claims of being gluten free. We are a dedicated spice and herb plant. We also package sundried tomatoes, sesame seeds, pine nuts, vanilla beans and have some spices with salt, (celery salt, Mexican chili powder, spaghetti mix). There is no wheat, gluten, dairy, peanuts, tree nuts (excepts pine nuts), eggs, soy, shellfish, and/or fish found in our plant. All our blends except Mexican chili powder are made using a family recipe’s, using only spices and herbs with the occasional salt added (celery salt, spaghetti mix).
Canadian Celiac Association www.celiac.ca
CFIA Website at www.inspection.gc.ca or call 1-800-442-2342/TTY 1-800-465-7735 (8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern time, Monday to Friday).
Back to Top
Nature's Choice is committed in ensuring only the highest quality of spices, herbs, & blends is supplied to our valued customers.
The following allergens can be found within our facility:
Mustard ground & seeds,
Pickling Spice (Mustard Seeds)
Sun-dried Tomatoes (sulphite)
Although our company is not certified HACCP (Hazard Analysis & Critical Control Points) we closely follow its principle to ensure food safety.
Nature's Choice commitment to food safety ensures our policies are in compliance with industry standards for food manufacturing. Industry policy is set out by the Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA), Fraser Health Authority, and by our organic certification board.
This commitment ensures quality control and appropriate labeling with our allergen products.
CFIG - website ALLEREGENS
Back to Top COPYRIGHT © NATURE'S CHOICE 2009NATURE'S CHOICE ® SPICES & HERBS REGISTERED TRADEMARKNATURE'S CHOICE COUNTRY MARKET LIMITED